Valentine's Day

Who doesn't love Valentine's Day? Candy, anybody? I could love Valentine's Day just for that one thing alone! When else do I get to buy mini-crunch bars in the shape of hearts, each individually wrapped and waiting for me when my chocolate attack comes along?
Photo by Ivan Clow
This year for V day the kids and I decided to make a very cool gift for each of their teachers. We got some boxes and cut the tops off to make little baskets, I thread some ribbon through slots I made on either side. The kids painted the boxes in shades of reds and pinks and purples and pasted on foam hearts that I bought from JoAnns. They loved it!  And it was the perfect activity for a day off from school for a teacher workday.
Then we put some tissue paper and filled it with various gifts the kids found at the store. I also put in a zipper pouch that I made into each basket.
Being a teacher myself I know how much work they do each day and with very little compensation. So I wanted to do a little something extra this year. I didn't do much of anything in years past, but just figured why not this time?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember these?

Dan's Birthday Today

Lots of New Handmade Fabric Wallets